Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013 in a 1970s Sears Dress

 

It's been a whirlwind around here for the last month but I did get a photo of me in my Thanksgiving dress!  It was pure luck that on Tuesday the 26th I stopped into my favorite thrift store just in time to spot this deadstock beauty!  The dress has gathers at the shoulders (very 1940s-ish), a nice V neckline and a very full skirt.  Even better - it's marked a Tall so the sleeves actually fit the length of my arms - a rarity in vintage dresses.

I paired the dress with my 70s lace-up Frye boots that I purchased about 6 years ago on ebay.  Wore my hair in a flip and was ready to party!

James and I spend Thanksgiving with our dear friends Pete and Julianne and their enormous extended families.  We brought green bean casserole and a rum cake - items that are requested every year!

By the look on my face I am clearly giving my husband photography instructions!

Lucy in her autumnal brown velvet pill box - recently sold in my shop!



For those of you who love wearing dresses there is a new challenge on Facebook - Advent of the Dress.  Loads of vintage sellers and aficionados are participating, but it isn't limited to vintage dresses only - modern dresses are more than welcome.  The challenge is to wear a dress every day for the month of December and snap a picture!  Stop by and take a gander (and check out lots of great vintage shops) or, even more fun....join in and add a dress a day from your wardrobe.

Need a new vintage frock...or some fabulous Frye boots of your own?  The Magnolia Collection is having a 35% off CYBER MONDAY SALE.....and it started today!  The Magnolia Collection

7.5B in my shop and 35% Off  Here

Thanks for reading and of course I'd love to have you stop by my eBay shop - that's the link up there!  I'd love to hear from you!
Until next time....Happy Vintage Hunting!
Carrie

2 comments: