Thursday, August 22, 2013

The End of Summer and a New Begining

I've been so inspired by some recent vintage blogs that I've decided to dust off the old blog and give it a new shot!  I always love seeing what other vinties are wearing so I will definitely share some outfit posts...mind you I tend to look startled and uneasy in photos (hopefully that will change) and unlike some vintage gals who really focus on a particular era,  I wear almost all eras!

I also want A Vintage Life to a place to share new old finds!  So whether they're bits of furniture, art,  retro glassware, fabulous recipes or clothing and jewelry, this will be their stage!

ok....my first Outfit  post!!

Yesterday I had a wonderful day - on the spur of the moment (ok, so honestly it was mid-morning and I was out of coffee) I decided to take the day off.  I LOVE being a vintage clothing seller and really enjoy working; but even so, every once in a while you need what my mom called "A Mental Health Day" and yesterday was it!

I donned a purple barkcloth Asian inspired 70s Hilo Hattie Hawaiian dress with the prettiest cream hibiscuses and paired it with fakelite faux jade clip on hoops, a big black feather hair bunny and black wedges.


I spent the day at a few thrift stores, had lunch and then hit the local antique mall (where I used to have a booth) and spent hours wandering!  It was heaven!!  A pair of Tiki mask earrings found me and of course they were perfect with the dress so I got them as well as the sweetest little red plastic bird pin and a fab hat....but more on the hat later.


How cute??

So here I am in the mirror at The Magnolia Collection Headquarters!  It was the end of a humid 97 degree day so what little makeup I started with was long gone.  How perfect are those earrings???



 
The Magnolia Collection


So what is on your vintage wish list when you're out and about?  Thanks for reading and of course I'd love to have you stop by my ebay shop - that's the link up there!  I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time....promise it won't be another 5 years!
Carrie


No comments:

Post a Comment