Saturday, August 24, 2013

Well Hung - Art Around the Manse

I really wanted to do another outfit post, but it's been in the 90's with unbearable humidity...and I threw out my back mowing the lawn!  So as I recover....in a vintage leopard Vanity Fair nightgown with the rattiest, and most beloved, 1960s blue rose terrycloth bathrobe I thought I'd share my favorite bits of art!

I would LOVE to have a mid century home - but alas, as much as I love it for others I am a traditionalist at heart.  Give me battered old oil paintings and I'm a happy girl!  The following bits of beauty have been picked up entirely at thrift stores!

A bowl of bluebells found in Connecticut and below, a painting marked France on the back.
A pretty summer painting signed Scott - unframed and found at a garage sale!
One of my favorites!  Found for $2 - a sailboat on the sea and a town lane - marked Italy on the back.
No markings at all - fall color sand I can't decide if it's English or Scandinavian.
The most expensive painting I own - $40ish from an antique mall - decommissioned from a museum
.
This large one hangs above the piano.  Based on the figures I'd guess Guatemala.
Another favorite - found at the Goodwill Warehouse for $0.97/pound!  A gorgeous old frame and very old paint.  I love her!  She graces the dining room and as  a side note - Hubby James just walked past her the other day, stood stock still and said "oh, that's nice where'd we get her?"

We've had it for 4 years!
Prefer the more mod look???

What sort of art do you collect or decorate with?  And more importantly does it match the style of decor you like or is there a disconnect between art you love and interiors you love?

Thanks for reading and of course I'd love to have you stop by my ebay shop - that's the link up there!  I'd love to hear from you!
Until next time....Happy Vintage Hunting!
Carrie



No comments:

Post a Comment